Effective Content – 11 Tips for Creating Stickier Content
The use of effective content has become increasingly important – here are a few tips to help you achieve better search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Use smart headlines you can grab attention – remember, short, succinct and interesting.
- Commit to a content plan/calendar to keep content regular and varied – we can help you with this!
- Use real stories about real people to create unique and engaging content – if something has made you laugh, cry, feel inspired or provoked a reaction in you it’s worth sharing… so long as it sits comfortably with your brand and enhances the customer experience.
- Sense check: is your content worth sharing? Would your reader see value in forwarding it on?
- Make sure your content answers the kind of questions being asked on Google or other search engines. If your content resolves someone’s quandary then it’s beneficial, useful and shareable.
- Sense check: why should your reader care about your content… What value does it offer them? Is it teaching them something, amusing them, giving them something or adding value to their life?
- Tap into your organization for customer-relevant content marketing ideas. Case studies or anecdotes, documented real-life situations are far more interesting, especially if you can solve a problem/answer a question.
- Repurposing existing content to make it suitable/fitting for the audience is important and cost/time efficiency, but remember, Not all content is transferable between mediums. Is your advertising copy really suitable to tweet without a rewrite?
- Don’t forget to include a relevant call to action, encouraging readers to do something as a result of reading the post, feature, piece. You could also use a tracking code to better understand where people are coming from and what works well for you.
- Think about catering for your audiences needs, and who your audience is. On Facebook we have a very local audience, predominantly small business owners, on Twitter our followers have a strong US bias.
At Magnificent Stuff we pride ourselves on working with our clients to understand their audiences and deliver effective and brand appropriate marketing communications. If you’d like a free, no obligation chat about your comms. Please contact us at email@example.com or tweet us @magnificentstuf (yes, there is only 1 ‘f’ at the end!)